Review: Lush Cupcake Mask


Guess where I was on Friday afternoon? You are right! For the first time in my life, I checked out the Lush store. You might have already read a guest post I did for Lipstick Fridays blog about my first time at Lush. If you haven't yet, check it out to see what was my first impression!

In the above pictures, you can see my newest purchase, the famous Lush Cupcake Mask, intended for oily teenage skin, now proudly sitting in my refrigerator.

The first thing you notice about the product is that it smells absolutely amazing. If you are a fan of chocolate-y products, this will be your thing as it smells mostly like chocolate with a tiny hint of peppermint. It kind of smells like something you could eat, that's why I put a hot pink sticky note on it, saying, "Please don't eat". I wouldn't want any weird refrigerator situations!

The mask goes onto your face really smoothly. I got a tingly feeling after it was on for about 3 minutes but it was a good one. You are supposed to leave the Lush Cupcake mask on for 5 to 10 minutes. I went for about 6 as it was my first time using it. Just a tip: before applying any Lush or other new skincare products, try them out on your hand first. I have discovered an allergic reaction to some products this way, and I am incredibly glad that I didn't put them on my face!

Taking the mask off is a little bit more tricky. It came off but I would suggest keeping a toner or another facial wash around just in case. The mask is so good my face probably just didn't want to let it go!

Anyhow, what came afterwards? Incredibly good feeling, that's for sure. My skin felt instantly better, tighter and smoother. I actually saw that the size of my pores had decreased! Big points to Lush for that one.

The next morning though my skin was back to normal. Is it a drawback? Not necessarily. The feeling was incredibly good, and I would suggest using this mask before going out as for a few hours your skin will feel and look absolutely amazing. It does not have any long-lasting effect (at least not on my skin) but I still consider this a great product.

This is the start of my new Lush addiction. Probably the first step towards bankruptcy, too. What can I say? You impressed me, Lush! I can definitely recommend everybody to try the Lush Cupcake Mask, and I will most probably be repurchasing it myself. Smells so good.

What's your experience with Lush products? Have you tried Lush Cupcake Mask? Leave a comment and tell me about it!

4 Response to Review: Lush Cupcake Mask

13 February 2012 at 13:53

ooooh, I'm so happy to see a lush review! :D I cant say enough good things about lush, all their ingredients are natural so you just can't go wrong! just a bit of a warning, this will become an expensive addiction! I can guarantee that.

xoxox

www.es-jaymakeup.blogspot.com - for Beauty reviews, hauls and health posts. x x x

20 February 2012 at 12:31

Ooh i'll have to try that. I'v just started useing Lush too. I am loving it. Have you tryed the fizz/bath bombs. They are so nice to the skin, and smell amazing.

Emski Xx
http://helloemski.blogspot.com/

21 February 2012 at 16:36

i loooooooooooooove lush!!! probably tried like 1/3 the store at least ;) cupcake smells so wonderful~~~ but my personal favorite mask is actually the garlic one called the cosmetic warrior! hahaha~


i am blog-hopping after finding you on bloglovetherapy- ;)
& am looking forward to reading more of your posts as i started following you ;)

come follow mine at:
http://happilyfull.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/#!/happilyfull
https://www.facebook.com/happilyfull
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/3208915/happilyfull

21 February 2012 at 20:15

So happy to find a review on this exact product. I don't know if it's for me, but I might try one of those cute lil' sample sizes they have.
Nice, informative post.

I just started a new blog (and am completely unsure if it's rude to advertise it...)
But come check me out! I review books, movies and music:)
http://dogearedandcoffeestained.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Rocking Fabulous All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul Theme By- WooThemes